From: CAD $110.00 / month for 6 months
Platform: Zoom Meeting
Time and Date: Every Wednesday 6-7pm (PST) GMT-8. Oct 18, 2023 to April 24, 2024 (No class on Dec 27th)
Number of Sessions: 27 sessions
Instructors: Chenhan Yang
- A minimum of 15 registrants are required to start the class. Class may be postponed or cancelled if the requirement is not met. Registrants will be fully refunded if the class is cancelled. All students are expected to have their camera turned on.
- Students will receive a Zoom Class Invitation Link 2 days before class starts. Sometimes our emails may be marked as spam/junk mail. If you don’t receive our Class Invitation Link email 1 day before class starts, please email us.
Bagua is based on the theory of the Bagua(Eight Trigrams). Bagua theory was used by the ancient Chinese to analyze directions, locations, causes and effect, and all the natural changes of the universe. Since nature always repeats itself, the Chinese believe that Bagua theory can be used to predict natural disasters, a country’s destiny, or even an individual’s fortune. The source of Bagua ws Yi Jing(The Book of Changes). Yi Jing has been a major part of the Chinese Culture and philosophy for more than four thousand years, many martial styles were created and developed under its influence such as Taiji, Xingyi, and Bagua.
Bagua emphasizes circular movement, walking is most important. You are always moving. Bagua”uses movement as its foundation, and uses transformation as its principle”. The movements are always changing, spinning and turning, while rapidly moving in curvilinear patterns. Its movements are described as, “Walk like a dragon, retrieve and spin like an ape, change momentum like an eagle, and calm and steady like a still tiger”.
The constant turning and spinning movements, stimulate the joints and muscles to provide a work out for many areas of the body that are not normally exercised. These movements also stimulate acupuncture cavities by compressing and relaxing the muscles around them, loosening stagnant energy, and allowing Qi to circulate smoothly.
Our school offers a system of Bagua including traditional palm and weapon routines and applications such as Basic Eight Palm, Swimming Body Bagua, Bagua Matching Set for two people, Bagua sword, Bagua Deer Hooks, Bagua Cane, etc.
Master Chenhan Yang is the official disciple of the world renowned Grandmaster Shouyu Liang and the lineage holder of the Shushan Wuji Xiao Yao Pai(蜀山無極逍遥派). Master Yang is the Vice Chairman of the International Wushu Sanshou Dao Association (IWSD) and holds a 8th degree Master Level Black Belt with IWSD, 8th degree level of The World Organization of Wushu Kung Fu Masters. He currently is the president of the SYL Wushu Taiji Qigong Institute in Vancouver Canada, one of the most renowned Chinese Martial Arts School in North America since 1987 and was originally founded by Grandmaster Shouyu Liang. Master Yang has won numerous gold medals in international competitions and grand championship at the World Cup International Martial Arts Championship. He has also served as Wushu and Taiji head judges in many international championships.
Master Chenhan Yang has produced numerous DVDs in Taichi, Bagua, Xingyi etc. He was featured in the book Chinese Martial Arts Elites, Kungfu Elements, Contemporary Famous Chinese Martial Artists and Extraordinary Chinese Martial Artists of the World. He was also featured in many TV programs like CCTV, Fairchild Television and Channel M in Canada.
Here is the list of the published DVDs
- Chen Tai Chi for Beginner: Demonstration 56 Form
- Bagua for Beginner 1: Eight Palms
- Bagua for Beginners 2: Swimming Body
- Chen Tai Chi First Form (74-Posture Yi Lu)
- Chen Tai Chi: Cannon Fist (43 Posture Er Lu)
- Xing Yi 5 Elements Fist
- Xing Yi Twelve Animals Fist
- Selection of Traditional Xing Yi Fist Forms
- Chen Style Old Frame Routine No. 1 (demonstration style)
- Sun Style Tai Chi
- Wu Style Tai Chi
|Number of Installments||
One, Two, Six